Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lolo's Book is home!

My beautiful journal has finally made it back full circle and I couldn't be more pleased with the results!
What a bunch of talented ladies you are. I adore every spread!
I didn't see a couple of them before they arrived here so they were a total surprise to me. They look so wonderful all together!
I won't describe each one as I feel they describe themselves.
Please click to enlarge each one to savor the amazing work that went into each page.
Here they are in no particular order because I forget the path they went on :)



My own page showing my journey, both physical and spiritual, from California to Rhode Island.

Katie Jane's lovely page with a quote by Lao Tzu...
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Lynn's page showing the places she's been, complete with her smiling face in a current photo and one of her younger self.


Marianne's pages with landmarks of many of the places she's been. She included the Golden Gate Bridge in California, close to the starting point of my journey and ended up with Emma, Bliss and Sjimmie at our house in Rhode Island!
On the back of this page is this striking photo of an Egyptian woman along with a stunning piece of gold leafed papyrus from Cairo. This is also where Marianne made my pages!

Staying with an Egyptian theme, this stunning page was painted by Soulbrush.
No one does patterns like our girl!

This lovely textural page was done by Suki with a quote by John Muir.
"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out until sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."
Definately a spiritual journey page.

Mim made a really fun travel collage! I think she soon found out I'm an armchair traveler :)
I live vicariously through a few of you who are always off to exotic places!

Caroline's page is a beautiful watercolor of the woods accompanied by one of my favorite poems by Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken."
Please enlarge it to read it. What a lovely spread!

Finally, Lisa's page is watercolor and collage depicting a  well-traveled suitcase and great words of wisdom throughout. Please click to read it all!

Ta-Daaaaaa!!
The stunning result of 9 talents from around the world, all friends connected through art.
Thank you so much ladies. I'll treasure this forever!
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Lolo, it is fun to see these books completed and put together. Such an array of wonderful art. I have to tell you though none of the three photos of me on my page for you are current. One in on my Israeli immigration papers and I was 21; one was in pair same age, and one was about 12 yrs later I was 33.
    (that was 36 yrs ago). Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book you got back. So much thought & talent was put into it by Everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great all together. Of course I knew it would when I saw all of those pages. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Lynn you still look youthful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whew i am sooo glad you have finally got it, i was getting quite worried and it looks so FAB too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is wonderful Lolo. Isnt it exciting to receive one's own book after the journey it has made? I know I will enjoy mine for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My oh my.......!!!!
    What a truly awesome book this has become!
    WOW in one word.
    Can't pick a favorite.......I see one I think yes this one!!! Then I see the next and think no this one etc. etc.
    Perfect pages Lo!
    A gem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible treasure.

    I had heard about and imagined this and now to see the complete journal: what talent, a keepsake forever to remember

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lo and "Ladies" - this is amazing....so beautiful, so meaningful - and now, that I "know" most of you, I can see your individual take on your personal pages. What a wonderful idea - what a wonderful gift! I know Lo will treasure this always and the journal will be a bond between you all forever.

    Every one is a powerful and beautiful artist!

    Bravi Ladies!!!!!

    Love to all,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love this, what a fantastic idea and so beautifully done at every level, Congratulations to everyone of you! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate if you ever do another one of these, or hear of one that you are participating in - let ME KNOW. I loved doing "girlfriends" and would so love to do another with you.
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete