Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Finally something by Caroline!
Well, at last I am able to say that I've made headway with the Artysoulsisters project! So sorry for holding everyone up; I've had visitors for the last two weeks, so no time for art! Anyway, now my book cover and 1st page are ready to be mailed out to Lisa. I have also made a start on Suki's lovely book and will post the page soon, then I have Katie's to work on ...!!!
My book didn't start out with a theme - in fact, I really didn't have a clue what to make, but just went with the flow! I started with the 1st page and the cover followed on from there - as you can see colour and shape seem to dominate! I used several sheets of paper that I had in my store. These had been painted randomly with acrylic inks and some dry gold pigment mixed with gum arabic (which you can see much better if you enlarge the pics), then sprayed with water to encourage dribbles, splashes and puddles. I pressed plastic wrap onto the wet ink, pushing the wrap so that the ink collected in the folds to make interesting patterns and left the paper to dry. I looked for suitable areas to work on and on close inspection found little landscapes, waves, or foliage in some, and birds, fish, flowers and people in others. I cut some of these into small squares and worked into a few with watercolour crayons to enhance my 'discoveries' . Thus 'Purple Haze' was born, closely followed by my bright cover image based on the colour wheel.
My book is loose leaf - the pages are 20 x 15.5 cms, which includes a 3 cm margin on the left side for binding, which I will do when my book returns home.
I've also made this small pocket which I will attach later to the inside of the book. In this is a note to you all and an arty soul sisters tag for you to add your names to, please!
I'm having a lot of fun with this project and look forward to creating with you!!