Monday, December 7, 2009

A page for Joss by Caroline


Here we are - Joss's page complete now! I've dithered over what to create for Joss's page for over a week! With no particular theme for the book stipulated by Joss, it seems that most of you have decided to follow Joss's first 'flying' page. That was as good a place as any to start and I reckoned an owl might make a suitable subject. This time I decided to dust off my lino cutting tools and have a go at a relief print. I'm always very nervous of this technique - to a certain extent, I like to be in control of the media in my hands and whilst I love it when the results are unexpected I've always found that lino/woodcutting is haphazard to say the least (in my hands!!). Well here is my owl printed on handmade paper (the same I used for the flip side of Mim's page) and layered on turquoise and tangerine coloured japanese papers. On the second half of the page I used a feather stamp that I had carved from an eraser and added other odds and ends from my stash. I hope you like this Joss - I had fun with it!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd say those tools dance magic in your hands soul sister! This is stunning! Both pages dance for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvelous. You are so creative with many styles. I know Joss will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to read how something develops!
    The outcome is superb!

    I am still in the stage of thinking what to do with your page. The idea is there now I must find a moment........
    But my hands itch!
    Will start soon!


    groetjes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as is everything you do! I'm sure she'll love this...the colors, the technique and Mr. wise old Owl!

    A wonderful addition Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the owl print is incredible. Both pages gorgeous. Oh I am sure she will love these

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are all absolutely correct, i do love it, of all the birds i see, i must say that the owl is one of my favourites, and these colours just 'sing'. thanks so much caroline, wow, i can't believe you were nervous, certainly doesn't show. i am loving what you girls are doing in this project.

    ReplyDelete