Monday, December 14, 2009

A page for Marianne by Caroline



Marianne's cat Sjimmie arrived in Kulala Lumpur some days ago and has been shown around town by my 3 cats! He's had a few adventures whilst he's been in Malaysia, and decided to send a postcard home to his Mama and stick his holiday pics in an album.



I made the card with watercolour pencils, batik fabric, wrapping paper and black japanese paper. It's attached to the page with photo hinges so you can take it out to read the back! You may need to click to enlarge to read Sjimmie's writing. The photos are also removable - I used a pen with watercolour pencils for these.

I'll be sending Sjimmie on his travels again tomorrow. Bye Sjimmie, you're heading back to the States to Lisa now!

6 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!! Your so whimsical Caroline! I love the idea of removable photos. The postcard is a great touch. Wonderful job...M will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tour. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. roflol, what a lotta fun. just purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. caroline this is adorable. a wonderful idea. that sjimmie is quite the fella. when he was at my house he ate me out of tuna fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW AWESOME! This is so beautiful and so much fun!!!!!!! I love love it!
    Thank you so much Caroline! I have looked at it several times already.
    Oh I love Sjimmie's book can't wait to see it in real.
    Love the orchids! Love those polaroids which can be taken off, the postcard. Well everything!
    You are such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the travels depicted for Marianne's cat. These pages are wonderful in every way.
    So clever and well done.

    ReplyDelete