Friday, November 13, 2009

A page for Mim by Caroline


Here is my page for Mim's travelling book. Mim's lovely book is all about Women around the world so I plunged right in with a bevy of international gals and a flock of international birds for good measure! This has been created with oil pastels using the 'sgraffito' method. It was such fun to do and I have written a complete post on my blog about the techniques I used - hope you'll pop over to see! The book will be winging its way to Lisa on Monday! Now I have no books :( ..... looking forward to receiving another soon!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow and something more to learn. Thank you Caroline for being so generous with your methods and techniques.
    This is absolutely stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, this is wonderful!!!! I can't wait until she sees this. I know she'll love it!

    I'm going to read about the technique now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is superbly artistic work. i simply love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, these are fantastic! How wonderfully talented you are. I'm going to visit your blog next and read about your process. Good Job and lucky Mim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness - this is just amazing! I'm off to learn your technique and thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this technique and the results. Fabulouso. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page!
    So different that your last one. I will visit your blog to see how you did it!
    So lovely to recognize all these women of the world!

    ReplyDelete