Sunday, November 22, 2009

Suki's pages

The first page for Suki's book is a sandcastle.
Notice the heart inside.
Home is where the heart is.

The second page is inspired by a poem by Twilight Whispers.

I wrote the words on the back

I connected the two pages by making the horizon longer.

So they formed one image in the end.

When I started I planned something very complicated. I wanted to make a collage. Use the stamp I got from Linda and her beautiful papers etc. I wanted so much and it ended so simple.........I just started and it turned out this way.

I was pleased with the outcome. I hope you will too Suki.

and here is the poem:

Finding My Home



Finding where my loyalties lie
Finding where the bluebirds fly
Finding the path that leads back in time
Is finding my home

Finding where my young years are
Finding memories from afar
Finding where my mind has gone
Is finding my home

Finding where the rainbows end
Finding where the oceans blend
Finding a quiet and calming place
Is finding my home

Twilight Whispers

It was so nice holding Suki's book in my hands!

To see all the pages everyone has created in real were a sight for sore eyes!

I will send these on to Mim this week .

Have fun Mim! In between all your busy things.

5 comments:

  1. Now this is a different style for you Marianne and quite wonderful too. Love the castle on the beach, very Suki like, and the house at the end of the rainbow. Yes, we all wish this for her soon. You did a wonderful job on her pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is so heartwarming! I love how we're all connecting to one another through images. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne - I just love this drawing - it's amazing and simple and just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. How delightful, Marianne! It's funny how sometimes we start out with an idea yet the picture develops quite differently! I really like that poem - all in all a very thoughtful piece for Mim!

    ReplyDelete