Friday, January 15, 2010

Lolo's Page

This is the page for Lolo's travel book.

I started where Soul left off with her beautiful Egyptian page.

I made the page in Cairo, where I started with the pyramides, one of the 7 world wonders.
Of course there are so many other wonders of the world to be seen as well.
I have been fortunate to have seen a few of them:
The pyramides which I did by camel a few years ago (I love riding a camel, a bit touristic I must admit....)
Petra , really one of the most impressive things I have seen in my life! (I have been there twice and I am determined to show it to my children one day)
The Great Wall of China, wow!
I cycled the Golden Gate Bridge, loved it!
Saw the Colosseum and the Christ Remeeder in Rio.
In this page there are a few things I have seen such as Mount Fiji, the Eifel Tower, the statue of Liberty and the big Buddha.
A thing I will never see: the lighthouse of Alexandria, where I have been but the lighthouse is not there anymore.........
A few things I wish to see in the future such as the Taj Mahal , Easter Island (couldn't help the joke there....) and a real Inutshuk.
And a dream to visit Lolo Emma and Bliss some day................(Sjimmie is with them right now that lucky b......)
Who knows, maybe this year, I have seen so many wonders why not this one?


5 comments:

  1. okay, this is now one of my favourite pages of all time. congratulations marianne, you actually left me speechless, this doesn't happen too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Marianne, I can truly feel the love on these pages. And look, the Golden Gate Bridge! And the map of Rhode Island with Emma and Sjimmie, and Bliss in front of our house!!!!!

    I just don't know what to say. I'm speechless like Joss. And now I feel as if I have seen some of thes seven wonders with you. I recognized them all ;)

    Thank you, dear friend. I love this!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutly wonderful...and I'm coming to Petra with you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful trip around the world - what a lot of thought must have gone into this page! I feel like I've been travelling with you Marianne - and most of these are places I've never been to! I am soooo looking forward to seeing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this in person and it is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete